Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Welcoming 2008

I celebrated my new year eve together with Han, Houn, Gary & Pooi Fern at Gary's house instead of squeezing myself in the crowd at some countdown parties. It was great dinner prepared by Pooi Fern & so nice of them waited for me till almost 9pm to start the dinner. (felt guilty coz i was at my sis hse warming party before going to Gary's hse)

We started playing cards after dinner while waiting to see fireworks when the clock struck 12midnite. The balcony at Gary's hse has a good view of few countdown locations (ie. mid-valley, Amcorp mall, Sunway Pyramid etc) , all of us stand at the balcony for about 15minutes to see fireworks slowly emerged to the sky...it was awesome....holding a cup of chinese tea & having friends around makes me less lonely from what i imagined it could be. The cards game session continued up to 330am & we decided to catch up with some sleep.

It was barely 2hrs after the sleep, all of us dragged outselves up from the cozy bed to get ready for Pacemakers New Year run. Gosh! So difficult to get myself stand up straight & look fresh. HA! in my mind was saying "padam muka Irene, main main sampai tak mau tidur..."

Nway, proceed to next scene - We arrived Tasik Perdana at slightly before 7am...many were already there getting themselves ready for the run. I took my bib & exchanged new year wishes within the group of runners before the race starts.

The run flagged off 730am sharp, men's category has to do 13.8km along the park (6 loops) whereby women's 4.8km..Adam passed me a M'sia flag to carry together while i'm running my 1st loop...haha! i've never hold a big flag on any event before, it tickles me to see how Dear "Mr.flag puts a smile to those visitors at the park whenever i passed by one. My pace was much slower than normal, partly due to lack of sleep & i felt 100tonnes; 1000tonnes maybe a lot more heavier than usual...but i enjoyed thou, told myself dont care if i'm the last to arrive, just have fun..halfway to finishing line, i still managed to catch up on the phone with Alden in UK.The clock just strucked 12mn for him overlooking the London Eye....RESULTS : true enough i was almost consider last if not b'coz the last female behind me injured her ankle...hahaha

It was a nice run, the organiser did a good job organising it. Direction marking was clearly marked with helpers station at various check point; water station with sufficient water & isotonic drink supplied; Malaysian no 1 favourite breakfast aka Nasi Lemak & bananas were over provided to us.

Lucky draw started immediately after prize giving ceremony..out of 10 lucky draws; Han, Houn, Yen & I won 4 of them...haha...what a nice give for new year.

That wasn't all for new year...we went back Gary's hse again after breakfast to spent the whole afternoon at his place chit-chatting & playing cards before meeting up Little khoo, Mien Yee, Cherie & Kit for steamboat dinner at Sunway. It was the first time for Mien Yee, Cherie & Kit to this "Yuen Steamboat Restaurant". They were amused by the crowd chasing over the grilled honey chicken wings...check this video posted in youtube..is crazy! "if u are fast, u get to eat...if u are slow & small in size...sorry la!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_113zyLzto&NR=1

Well, dinner ended around 8pm. I droved home half asleep..took a quick hot showel & call the nite off. That's my new year day...eventful & memorable.

No comments: