Saturday, January 23, 2010

Satu Cupak

^_^ Funny Title isnt it?? Hardly hear anyone saying this word..it practically means 1Cupak = 675g.

(30 Years Old Book - Front cover...after repaired)

I loan both my aunts recipe books for a month before returning back to them this coming Lunar New Year. One of it has been with my aunt for more than 30years (all hand written). As I'm scanning & translating recipe by recipe to my cooking book, i found some of the wordings in kampung malay & mandarin appeared in her book..lovely!

(The Old & The New..All Handwritten)

This 30years old book is like a treasure map, it has always been seen during new year lying in the kitchen while my aunt busy baking cookies & cooking. It contains lots of good food that i had since young & lots of childhood memories in the wooden house where i used to stay during preschool days.

Now my aunt willingly loan this book to me, i'll get to learn up most of my favorite recipes. I'm really happy over it. Atleast i know, when they are older & no longer able to cook. There's someone at home inherited their recipe & cook for the family when festive season comes.


Who knows probably one day i may have a small cafe to serve these foods...Love that thought. ;p

No comments: