Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1st Post in 2010

This is the 2nd week of 2010 & i noticed there are several things that i've yet blog it out. (haha...one of those is my trip to UK & Budapest) ..But this post i'm dedicating it to my cooking...haha...nothing special, just feel like blogging it.

I've been cooking almost every other day lately for 4 reasons...1) working in Hartamas, the meals are relatively expensive due to the so called "higher class area". 2) i'm really short of cash due to mum's 60th birthday, Chinese New Year, getting ready for new house, up coming trip in September & etc. 3) trying to learn up my * aunties recipes before they are old enough not to guide me anymore. 4) health.

Somehow, I enjoyed cooking...I started exploring new recipes like steam buns, steam cakes, achar, otak-otak & etc. The fun part doesnt stop here, i started adding my own ideas in the recipes once i learned up the original taste...haha...thanks God, the guinea pig at home aka housemate yet to experience stomach discomfort after food testing.. ;p

One other good reason of cooking is also I like to see ppl enjoy eating the food I cooked. Now i understand why my poh poh used to tell my aunts, having to cook for family & friends is one of the happiest thing to do. It is through food you share loves & cares for those you cooked for. It may not be tasty, but is the thought that count.

This CNY, my aunt has promised to teach me how to make chinese sausages..not easy according to her, but definately going to have fun together...haha. I'm blessed that staying with my grandma & few aunts whom I grew up with love to cook. They are like my GPS for cooking, whenever i have doubt on certain dish..they are just a call away.

PS : I need an oven so that i can bake cookies, cakes & roasted pork. ;p


* aunties recipes - yerr...i think is a grammar mistake loh...

No comments: