Friday, May 15, 2009

The passion for Music

Just a small update on what's going on lately apart from one week old "sick"..keke.

I've started giving piano lessons again since early this month. I realized even after so long I've stop teaching, my passion hasn't left me. I enjoyed spending time with my student & see how she progress every week.

To be frank, teaching is not an easy job. I've to constantly drills my fingering skill at home & do my homework before my student learning from me. I've been doing quite a bit of updating the latest information on teaching methods & syllabus from ABRSM website, thus contacted some of the teachers in KL to discussed on the new approach on teaching too. I know it worth all the effort when I see the result from student. ^_^

I'll be taking in more student starting next month, really looking forward to meet new pupils.

Haha...that reminds me the song "Getting to Know You" from "The King & I".

It's a very ancient saying,
But a true and honest thought,
That if you become a teacher,
By your pupils you'll be taught.

As a teacher I've been learning --
You'll forgive me if I boast --
And I've now become an expert,
On the subject I like most.

Getting to know you.

Getting to know you,
Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you,
Getting to hope you like me.

Getting to know you,
Putting it my way,
But nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea.

Getting to know you,
Getting to feel free and easy
When I am with you,
Getting to know what to say

Haven't you noticed
Suddenly I'm bright and breezy?
Because of all the beautiful and new
Things I'm learning about you
Day by day.

No comments: