Monday, January 05, 2009

When Faith is Tested

Fr Simon was not his usual self today during the mass. He didnt say his homily..When he told us that he cant do his homily because he felt insincere & exhausted, there were so many question mark faces within the congregation. I guess Fr needed a rest after long celebration started long before Christmas.
It was my first time experiencing this after so many years I attended Masses. In fact it was the 1st time to Fr Simon himself for not able to give sermon. (To be honest, Fr Simon sermons are one my favourites...hehe.. i know i shouldnt be saying that!)
The reason I wrote this post is not because I was disappointed with him...but rather through what happened to Fr Simon today, it renew my faith towards God. I always thought that Priests are ever ready to stand infront of congregation...It makes me realised no matter how faithful a person is, there will be some point that we may think that we loose it. It just can happened to anyone, including the priest (bcoz we are sinners & not perfect)...But it is when u think that u are lost & suffer, that's time u nearest to God. (Only is that...dont lost forever! Get down on ur knees & pray)
I hope Fr Simon will be ok next week...haha, he was telling us that he need to go for confession over what happened today...Me too, have to get down on my knees to ask God forgiveness for I felt terrible this whole week over a serious damage i've done a few days back which i'm trying hard to patch things back. (The Idiot part that i wrote earlier).
Today's mass really a good one i must say..God touches everyone through Fr Simon's suffering. Amen.

No comments: