Saturday, January 08, 2011

Interesting People

Its always makes office a fun place when you have colleagues from different countries. Ppl share their experiences, their backgrounds & believes whenever there's a time for tea.
I've two quite buddy Iranian friend in the office, both occasionally shared their stories during days back in Iran. Just like yesterday, we were talking bout war during lunch. Two of them looks a bit disturbed during the conversation. Apparently, two of them witnessed war when they were young.
This is what they recalled...
Friend A : "u know, their used to be a army airport behind my primary school. It was Iraq & Iran war.. one day during the class, the airport was bombed. The glass window of the classroom just shattered & out of sudden everything was in a mess." "best part, the teacher ran away without checking our safety. I've to rush out from school & ran home myself. It was scary..."
Friend B : "My dad used to be in army force, most of the time we have to seperate from him & worry bout his safety until we moved to Teran. It was a tough time, my mum has to take care of me & my two younger brothers. Everytime the siren sound, she will drag us into the underground tunnel to hide. sometimes 20mins, sometimes even longer" "I've seen dead ppl lying infront of me, it was sad."
I've seen documentary about war, heard my popo & elderly ppl talking bout war during the 40's. It takes a lot of courage to talk about it & often see the sadness in their eyes....Same goes to these two friends of mine...I guess this is something we cant imagine how difficult it was for them to let things behind & move forwards. That makes them more humble & treasure what they have now.
Perhaps we dont need to witness war like what they have seen & learn how to be humble, but through these ppl we should learn how to love and honor of what God has given to us.

1 comment:

cRAzYtoMatOmaN-D said...

Yes yes!
Just by listening to them, we know how blessed we are.

Praise the Lord!