Friday, January 07, 2011

2011 Running Calendar

Hmm....how to begin this....I noticed the registration fee for running events in M'sia is getting more expensive over the years. As a comparison - I registered for one in year 2008, it only cost RM30 (the most), and today one annual race will cost easily RM 50 & above.
Well, I can't complaint much. These figures are not simply added up for the sake of "following the trend, ppl increase...v do the same".
Organising a run is not as simple as ABC, which I personally got involved in some of the small scale race organised by our own running group. It requires alot of coordination & logistic planning. I know some ppl might think "what's gonna do with the RM50 we have paid??? Dont they already have sponsors for drinks, running vest & goodies???"
The truth is, a part from all these freebies they get....somehow fund is needed to cover things such as meals for volunteers, medals, prizes, rental for event venue, advertisement, local authorities fees charges for road closure & safety....and the list goes on.
So, what's my proactive action then??? I'm keen to run....yet the fee is eating up what's in my pocket. I took a step back to look at the running calendar again for this year and concluded these few run in my list. (perhaps if i've a little extra, i might consider a bit more later on.)
1. Energizer Night Run (ENR)
2. Borneo Run
3. Standard Chartered KL Marathon (SCKLM)
4. Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM)
(further wish list i plan to achieve)
1. Gold Coast Marathon
2. Bangkok Marathon
Happy Running!! ^_^

No comments: