Friday, September 04, 2009

10,000 steps a day?!

A friend of mine kept a step counter in his pocket lately to check on the number of steps he walks daily. Apparently its a way for him to get rid of extra fats in his body.
He told me that in average a malaysian walks only around 5-6000 steps a day, some even lesser. Far lesser from those people in HK, S'pore & other countries. Thus caused obesity among malaysian. This is partly due to our daily lifestyle whereby we spent most time in car, seated in the office one whole day & lack of exercise.
Oh well, I was thinking..if we really walks that less, how to double up the number of steps to 10,000?? I came out with an idea few days later to check on my own account. ;p I started measuring out the number of steps in the house, office & places where i used to go for meals (excluding those time when i go for running & gym)...haha, u be surprised i even counted the number of steps from Lake Garden entrance to Tapak A (KL) requires 800 steps for a person of my height. ;p From these info, i dont have to carry a counter with me all the time.
Eventually, it wasnt tough at all to get that quota. All i need to do is just to break the huge number of 10,000 steps into sessions. You see... imagine i take a step in a second, all i need in a day is only 2hrs 46mins 12secs. It takes less than 1/8 of a day!!! Cant do it?? only lazy people says that!!
Come back to the point where I started, you sure wonder if my friend & I lost weight with this crazy steps counting? haha...well, yes. both of us did, a kilo for each in two wks. Hassle free, healthy & gives me an alternative to exercise when times my knees are not fit to do running. I tend to pick up the habits to walk even more now. Thanks to his crazy idea & my curiousity to count...hahaha.

No comments: