Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Memory Lane - My Dearest Dad & his marathon



Yup! That's rite! 5051! That's my Dad!

While I was sorting out some of my old stuff in the box last night, I found a stack of photo albums which contain many of my childhood photos. To my surprise...haha...i found quite a number of my dad photos taken during his marathon back in 90's. (I wonder how these photos are in my box, must have took it from dad's drawer when i moved to KL years back...just cant remember...ah!! nevermind..hehe)

My dad stopped running 4yrs ago after he met an accident & broken his leg....His a healthy person & did his running daily at the lake. I still remember when he knew that he needed a surgery, the first thing he asked : " Doctor, can i continue running after this???"

"No, I'm afraid not...maybe big walk if u are lucky...but no more running for u." I saw my dad sad eyes & quiet down in the hospital.


He was happy eventually when he got to know that i pick up running a year back. Sometimes, he will call & check out my progress in run..Many times he will give advice & relate his story about his run...I guess these bring both of us closer. Thanks Dad!! You the best!!


Well, check out these photos of his ....they are in hardcopy, luckily i managed to use my camera & re-cap these images...turn out not bad though...hehe




Larian Obor - dad is on right hand side

Dont ask me - really no idea what run is this...but Dad smack in the middle of all the tall uncles

Yet another unknown run - Dad infront with his trophy

No comments: