Saturday, August 02, 2008

PC Fair 2008

"Offer! Offer! OFFER!!!" , "Last call! cheap! CHeap! CHEAP!!"....This was what i shouted the whole day at PC fair. Nearly lost my voice...haha.
This is my 2nd time helping my sister at PC fair..As a 9-5 employee, I hardly had this kind of experience...honestly is fun to do it once in a while. One get to see how the business is strategy for a short term 3days sale as well as gain knowledge of the latest trend for Computers.
From what i've experienced...When i was a buyer & tour around the PC fair halls...i wish there were lesser crowd so that i can have more time to see what i want easier.
But as a sales person, when there's a bigger crowd..there comes more opportunity to grab more business & generate more money. Of course this indirectly created chances for thiefs to steal from the shelf. U will be surprised that i caught one young decent chinese man red handed of stealing the laptop skin i was selling today. He thought nobody saw him as he walk away..i grab him from behind & took it back from him. He quietly walk away after that, i wonder if he used the same tactic again on some other booth.
I've learned something else too...everyday after the fair ended, all staff will gather around to do post-mortem..checking on everyone's sales for the day as well as planning for tomorrow sales. Marking on what other competitors offered for the day & give a better offer to grab the sales from them. I can say, is really all about planning & strategies.

Well, my legs are aching & tired...is time to rest for yet another day in PC fair tomorrow. To those who plan to come on the last day...pls drop by Hall 4,k (hehe...commercial time!) I'll be there right after the service in Church.

"OFFER! OFFER! OFFER!" (hahaha... ;p)

3 comments:

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

eh, i want to try. should be fun. let's take a vid and put in youtube.

CP Waterman said...

When I was 15,I used to help my brother-in-law at the Senai pasar to sell fish,screaming & yelling ALL the time. Am I qualified to get a job from you?

feifeipinky said...

alden - sure u can..if u comes back & happen that PC fair around the corner...i'll book a plc for u. is really fun! and not forgetting the tiredness after that..haha

CP - Cool! if u can scream a mile away..u r the one v looking for..haha

Guess wat? i totally lost my voice today...hahaha.. but i really had fun!